How to Deep Condition Fine Hair
Fine hair is one of those hair types that have the same number of pros and cons. Keeping aside the advantages, hair conscious people with fine hair always try to get rid of all the problems they usually face like hair thinning, sudden breakage, losing luster and shine, lack of moisture. Deep conditioners are designed to fight against these regular problems of fine hair while giving you long-lasting dazzling effect.
Do not get confuse deep conditioners with the regular conditioners that are used after the shower to make your hair soft and shiny temporarily. Deep conditioners are also known as pack conditioners, which are usually thick paste or liquid and generally need longer treatment time like 20-30 minutes.
Let us introduce with some of the best deep conditioners for fine hair in the following:
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has water the most in it, and it is a moisturizer itself. It has the ability to hold the moisture of the hair shaft of fine hair. Deep conditioning with aloe vera once or twice a week helps the people with fine hair to add thickness in their hair, stop hair loss, and get rid of complications like dandruff as aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties in it as well.
- Extract half cup or more aloe vera for medium and long length hair relatively
- The consistency of the blend should be very smooth
- Wash your hair with a good shampoo and do not use a conditioner
- Apply the mixture to your hair from the root to the ends while your hair is still damp
- Wait for 30 minutes and wash your hair with warm water. Do not use too warm water.
2. Deep Conditioning with Honey Mixed with Different Ingredients
Honey naturally develops the ability of your hair to retain its moisture. It gets more advantageous for fine hair when it is used to make a deep conditioner with different ingredients like olive oil, avocado, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar. Different elements have their own benefits. You can go for any of these according to your needs.
Honey and Olive Oil: If you have fine hair and it tends to get oily too often, then deep conditioning with honey and olive oil is perfect for you as olive oil is very light, and it certainly does not weigh down your hair. It is a natural conditioner. To make this mixture, you will need 2 tbsp. of olive oil and raw honey.
Honey and Avocado: Avocado is full of fatty acids that help to condition your hair, and at the same time, it brings the shine back in the fine dry hair. 2 tbsp. of honey and one ripe avocado is needed to make this blend. Mash the avocado properly so that there are no lumps left. The consistency of the mixture should be smooth.
Honey, Coconut Oil, and Apple Cider Vinegar: Coconut oil is very much famous as it can moisturize your hair shaft from inside for its penetrative properties. On the other hand, apple cider vinegar can clean up the dirt and stop your scalp from getting flaky. 2 tbsp. of coconut oil, 1 tbsp. of raw honey and 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar is needed for the blend.
- Wash your hair with a good shampoo and skip conditioning
- Hair experts suggest not to blow dry your hair in this in-depth conditioning process, instead recommend to air dry it.
- Apply the mixture from the root to the ends properly
- Wait for 30 minutes. If you are using olive oil or coconut oil with honey, make a bun and wait.
- Wash it off with shampoo and use conditioner
3. Grapeseed Oil
The antioxidant is suitable for fine hair as it helps to fight against the free radicals that cause damage to your hair. Grapeseed oil is loaded with vitamin E and linoleic oil, and it is a fantastic moisturizer and antioxidant. Moisturizing properties of this oil helps to lock the moisture in your hair shaft. This deep conditioner reduces the possibility of dandruff, frizzing and damage in fine hair if it is applied twice a week.
- Pour 5 tbsp. of grapeseed oil into a zip lock bag
- Seal the plastic bag correctly and put it in hot water
- Wash your hair with shampoo
- Completely dry your hair with a blow dryer. Use a hairdryer which is specially made for fine hair that contains ceramic or tourmaline materials
- Apply the warm oil to your hair roots and at the tips as well
- Cover your hair with a warm damp towel
- Wait for 30 minutes
- Rinse off it with a good shampoo and a regular conditioner
Check out: Remington D3190 Hair Dryer
4. Deep Conditioning with Mayonnaise and Eggs
Mayonnaise has the good qualities of eggs and fatty oils. These help to make your hair shiny and the vinegar used in mayonnaise helps to remove the possibility of having a flaky scalp. On the other hand, eggs are full of proteins, biotin and vitamin B which are very good for the health of your fine hair. It also prevents possible hair damage. Applying this deep conditioner made by mayonnaise and eggs with olive oil once or twice in a week is very beneficial for fine hair.
Caution: People who whose fine hair is oily, do not try this deep conditioning process as it will weigh down your hair and rather, increase the problem.
- Make a blend of mayonnaise, a bowl of olive oil and one egg
- Shampoo your hair but do not use any conditioner
- Apply the blend from root to the ends by sectioning the hair when it is about to dry
- Make a bun in your hair and cover it with a warm towel
- Wait for 30 minutes and then, wash it off with warm water
5. Overnight Deep Conditioning with Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Dry Fine Hair
Deep conditioning with Jamaican Black Castor Oil is one of the most advantageous processes for fine dry hair. It is loaded with omega-9 fatty acids, proteins. It moistures, strengthens your hair, helps to make your hair frizz-free, fills up the damaged spots of keratin and boosts up the hair growth. Use it 2-3 times a week to get the best result.
- Take 5 tbsp. of Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- Wash your hair with a good shampoo and dry it up with a blow dryer
- Apply the oil from the root to the ends
- Make a bun or braid in your hair and let it be like this overnight
- Rinse off the oils from your hair correctly, if necessary, use shampoo twice
- Do not use hot water to wash
- Use a regular conditioner
Checkout: Tropic Isle Living Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Trezoro 2200w Hair Dryer
Using Deep Conditioning Products
There are many products/masks are available in the market. Some of them are infused with ingredients that are very favorable for fine hair. From our deep research, we have come up with three such deep conditioners. The process of using all of them is the same as follows:
- After washing your hair with shampoo, blow-dry it (Jinri Tourmaline Hair Dryer is perfect for fine hair)
- Apply this mask from hair roots to the tips
- Wait for 30 minutes, wash it with a good shampoo
- Apply regular conditioner
Check out the deep conditioners:
6. It’s a 10 Haircare Miracle Deep Conditioner
This deep conditioner is loaded with amino acids, keratin, almond oil, hydrolyzed keratin, Chinese tea leaf, and able to penetrate deep in the hair shaft, restore the structure, lock the cuticle and boost up the shine. It is especially very good for fine hair as it battles against humidity, brings smoothness to the fine dry hair. Keratin protein can deeply moisturize fine hair. This pack also helps fine hair to remain detangled, improves the strength and promotes elasticity.
Product link: It’s A 10 Haircare Miracle Deep Conditioner
7. Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask and Deep Conditioner by Arvazallia
This product has excellent ingredients like cosmetic grade argan oil, all the necessary nutrients, and vitamins. Moreover, it is paraben and sulfate-free which makes this product very beneficial for fine hair. It can condition fine hair deeply by hydrating, detangling, improving dry hair, and reviving dullness of hair. It also repairs the damaged hair and restores strength while leaving it smooth, soft and shiny.
Product link: Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask and Deep Conditioner By Arvazallia
8. Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner
This product is infused with safflower oil, which helps this conditioner penetrate your hair shaft and restore damaged areas, it detangles the hair, deeply moisturize fine hair and makes them healthier, strong and easy to manage. The most fascinating fact about this deep conditioner is it is capable of adding moisture into the hair roots that got frizzy and dull by coloring or using heat tools or chemicals. It prevents all kinds of possible breakage and makes them stronger than ever.
Product link: Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner
Deep conditioners keep the health of fine hair up to the mark, and it never let it get damaged or dry it out. Applying any of our mentioned deep conditioners to your fine hair once or twice a week will undoubtedly make a visible difference in the hair within a very short period of time. So, which one has suited your hair the most?
- Fine Natural Hair and Faith, Deep Conditioning Fine Hair: Everything You Need to Know